Sunday, May 17, 2009

The Swarm

~By Sebastian Tomczak

The Swarm by little-scale from sebastian tomczak on Vimeo.



"Chaos Amoeba has challenged me to a 48 hour challenge: "I challenge little-scale to make a piece of music that sounds like a swarm of insects."

I scratched my head and wondered how I would go about this, and what it means exactly - for example, would a swarm of insects be best represented by a given musical theme? Or would it be best to go for a strategy that somehow simulates the perception of hearing and being inside a swarm of insects.

I decided to go for a slightly more abstract path - sonifying the behaviour of a swarm..."

READ MORE

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Creative Commons License
All submissions published on Firefly Diorama are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Non-Commercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 Australia License.